good vibes only

health & wellness & all things awesome

Mentimeter

My First Mentimeter (Main Slide and QR code)

It’s hard to use this without the presenter slide active, but playing around with this was super fun and inspiring! It’s similar to Slides With Friends yet seems a bit more accessible and easy to use. I would love to use this with future students in many different ways:

• Daily check-ins
  • Voting on class matters
  • Getting familiar with content and curriculum (could do quizzes, and even student-led learning in this way!)
  • Announcements
  • The list goes on

Now when it comes to “Health and Wellness” I could definitely use this anonymously to see where all the students are at in regards to the topic. I could ask questions like: “How often do you get outside?” “What is one word that comes to mind when you think of health?” “What does wellness mean to you?” “What do you dislike in regards to health classes or physical education?” I think an anonymous resource like this could be so helpful in giving the students a voice, without necessarily being singled out. It could be a way to gage the class morale and interest for future lessons, or to get a glimpse into their home life as well. Super helpful!

– free inquiry 8.0